Saturday 22 September 2012

I don’t depend on awards –Femi Kuti



Femi Kuti












For the first time in the history of the annual Hip Hop World Awards event in Nigeria, Afrobeat musician, Femi Kuti, will be performing live on stage at the ceremony scheduled for Oct. 20.
Also, he will be inducted into the Headies Hall of Fame that day.
Acknowledging the gesture, Femi says, “It is a kind of privilege. It is good. I mean I would drink a bottle of champagne when I get it, we will celebrate here at the Afrika Shrine.”
But to those who think that his career revolves around music awards, he adds, “My career is not based on awards. I sincerely mean what I sing about. My music is truly fighting for electricity, good healthcare, service, good roads, equal education for my people and African unity. It is neither a love song nor commercial and it still gets headlines and good reviews. I’m especially touched when young people appreciate what I am doing.”

No comments:

Post a Comment