Saturday 29 September 2012

I’m no longer a child star –Benita



Benita
 
At an age when her peers were still clinging to their mother’s apron strings, Benedicta Okojie, aka Benita, was already performing before audiences comprising highly placed government officials. When her debut solo album, Child of God, was released in 1998, she was only 10.
With four successful albums produced by her dad (Ben King Okojie) and experience acquired from several music festivals, as well as a few local and international laurels to her credit, the young woman has indeed made her mark on the music scene.
At 24 and having graduated as an English major from the Redeemer’s University, Mowe, Benita has clearly come of age.
“I’m no longer a kid star. I make my own decisions from what I’ve learnt from my strict disciplinarian parents. I hope to get married someday to a God-fearing man and lead my children to Christ early in life like my parents did. That early aspect in a child’s life is very important because you could have all the talent in the world, including the brains, beauty, money and awards, but if you don’t have the fear of God in your heart, all your worldly acquisitions and accolades wouldn’t do you any good when the last trumpet sounds,” Benita said.
She is currently working on her own TV programme and recording new songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment