Thursday 27 September 2012

I’m satisfied with two wives – Baba Gboin



BASHIRU ADISA

Popular  Yoruba broadcaster, Bashiru Adisa, aka Baba Gboin,  speaks to GBENGA ADENIJI about his 30 years in the entertainment business
Although being in the limelight means being under pressure with the  opposite sex, seasoned broadaster and comedian, Bashiru Adisa, says he is satisfied with his two wives and does not intend to add another woman to them. 
The comedian, who spoke with our correspondent in his office in Lagos last Wednesday, says much is involved concerning marital affairs.
He notes, “ I have two wives and children – both male and female. I don’t intend to go beyond that because a lot is involved when it comes to family affairs.”
He recalls how he got into the showbiz business in 1982 when he formed a theatre group called Bashi Group of Jesters. But he dabbled into broadcasting in 1990 when he was no longer able to manage the group.
He states, “I once featured on radio programmes presented by distinguished presenters such as Tope Saidi (Omo Olofin) and the late Gbenga Adeboye. Then Radio Lagos discovered me and gave me a programme titled Kasun Layo.
“From there, I was at NTA 7 where Alhaji Tajudeen Kusamotu gave us a chance on Ni Faaji Kelele. Broadcasters such as Akanni Famoye, Sunkanmi Aremu, Akeem Enudunjuyo and myself handled theAgbedegbeyo segment of the programme, while Abiodun Alabi (Eleti Ofe) and Kunle Orilawo presented theOgbero segment. I am celebrating my 30 years in entertainment  this year.”
Currently, Baba Gboin,  together with Ambrose Somide,  presents a Yoruba entertainment show, Mini Jojo,  onAfrican Independent Television and Raypower.
He further says he has produced eight albums which include Breakthrough, Born Again, Erinwo, Talent Exhibition, Gboin Loke, Advanced Journey and Ede Wa.
On why he abandoned his degree programme at the Lagos State University, Ojo, the broadcaster-cum-comedian says the decision was not due to academic incompetence.
He states that having earned professional certificates from the Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria Training School and the British Broadcasting Corporation, his resolve has always been to acquire certificates he could defend anywhere.
“I want a certificate I can defend anywhere and anytime. I don’t want a situation where I will be somewhere and another person will be writing an examination for me,” he states. The humour merchant, who says he wanted to study Business Administration before fate ruled otherwise, adds, “Since there is life I know there are many opportunities out there for me academically.”
He further says his spontaneity in drawing out humour in every situation is a divine talent.
 “That is why I am called Gboin – which means to be alert.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment