Friday 26 October 2012

I never had a problem with D’banj -Dr Sid


Dr Sid Dr Sid


At the height of the D’banj and Don Jazzy’s brouhaha, Marvins Records artiste, Dr. Sid was one of the few artistes, who stated in clear terms whose side he was.
And so when a leaked conversation that took place between him and fast-rising pop star, Davido surfaced online, it took quite a number of people by surprise.
While a lot of people thought he would deny ever saying what was recorded, the singer who is a trained dentist took to Twitter saying he had a trusted conversation with people he trusted only to be betrayed.
Although the details of the conversation shed more light on the relationship that existed between D’banj and other label mates before and after the milieu simmered down, the verbal exchange made it near impossible not to think that the singer did not hold any grudges against D’banj.
In defence, he says, “I have said all I have to say on this matter and I never had any problem with D’banj. I am entitled to my opinion and it is unfortunate that recording was ever done in the first place. It thought me a lesson on who to speak to and not to speak to. Don Jazzy is my big brother in the industry and I have no regrets at all, joining his camp. He is someone who’s musical opinion I trust above anyone else. He took me out of my comfort zone of just Hip Hop and I am happy to say I am still challenging myself with each new song.”
Drawing inspiration from late King of Pop, Michael Jackson and MC Hammer, the singer whose real name is Sidney Esiri knew he was going to end up as a musician. His life however took a different course when he graduated from the Nigerian Air force Secondary school and went to study Dental Surgery at the University of Ibadan.
He later worked briefly at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital.
Is he ever tempted to practice for a day? “How do you know I am not practising secretly? These days everyone needs like two different paroles o! Seriously though, I think about it but I decided a while ago to see how far I would go with music and I have not regretted that decision. Music is the best job in the world and I just thank God for allowing me do it,” he says laughing.
Reminiscing on his days as a back-up dancer with the Trybesmen before having an opportunity to feature on their hit track, Oya, Dr. Sid relives some of the memorable moments he shared with the group back then.
“Those days were fun men! There was something about that innocence that I will always remember. No be say we no innocent now o. I have matured a lot as an artiste since then and all that will come forth in my album which will be out next year. My fans have so much to look forward to hearing and seeing from me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment