Saturday 15 December 2012

I didn’t want to be a judge of Nigeria Idol


Femi Kuti


Afrobeat musician, Femi Kuti, who replaced Charley Boy as one of the Nigeria Idol judges, this season, said he never wanted to take up the job.
During the unveiling of judges’ ceremony in Lagos recently, Femi said he finally had to succumb after much pressure.
“I didn’t want to be a part of this at all. But the people who came to me were very nice. I am a much more serious person. I don’t even watch TV. So, I felt such a show wasn’t the kind of thing that I should be a part of. But people, including the other two judges – Yinka Davies and Jeffery Daniels–pleaded with me. So I had to take it up.
“Besides, I felt it would be an opportunity to tell these youngsters that this business is not all about glamour: it is also a tough business. I need to tell them the importance of this profession. I have had to cancel some of my gigs because of this reality show,” he said.
Indeed, the unveiling ceremony was not all about Femi as Yinka Davies also performed at the ceremony to the delight of the guests.
Past runners-up of last season, Stephen Onochie and Jo blue, showed that participating on the Idol platform was not a waste. They performed their soon to be released singles and many people were thrilled by their performance.
The Nigeria Idol season 3 will be broadcast on TV stations this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment